“It’s not an immediate result. It’s a slow coming home to self that happens over time.”
There are some conversations I’ve recorded for the podcast so far that are just pure joy and sugar.
This is one of them.
My dear friend Alison Burger has been a role model to me for years of what it looks like to own my worth, my beauty, and a career I love.
She is a multi-talented wellness maven whose professional experience ranges from accounting to modeling to fitness to event planning to mediation and other wellness practices — and that’s just scratching the surface.
But what I really love about Alison is that she is committed to loving herself and her life despite what anyone else may assume about what that requires.
You see, Alison has not only experienced amazing professional and personal success, she has also experienced chronic pain and injury, multiple business opportunities not panning out, relationships ending, and much more.
That’s why I value her perspective when it comes to how she celebrates her beauty and worth on a daily basis. She is a true queen of following her north star no matter the ups and downs of where the journey takes her.
I know we’ll record multiple episodes together (we already decided the topic of the next one), so get excited to be introduced to someone I am sure you’ll love as much as I do.
LISTEN ON: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Play | Stitcher
- Why we sometimes re-evaluate our life when things seem to be going really well (3:25)
- How our bodies can intervene to stop us from going down the wrong path (6:50)
- How to navigate the exploration of a new career without going crazy (9:35)
- The gift within a horrible failure (10:53)
- Why self-worth is so closely tied to our relationship with ourselves (13:40)
- The difference between validating our worth based on external versus internal factors (15:00)
- How to disconnect other’s perception of you from your worth (19:45)
- How to navigate what to focus on when you have tons of opportunities (22:45)
- Why Alison justifies self-care to support her self-worth (23:00)
- Alison’s top self-care practices (27:46)
- How to think of working out as self-care and fun (28:30)
- How I’ve been developing a new relationship with my beauty (30:05)
- The connection for women between feeling beautiful and owning their worth (31:56)
- The role of meditation in connecting us to ourselves again (36:23)
- How moving our bodies lets us reconnect to ourselves (38:17)
“The more self-care I do, the more tapped in I am. The more tapped in I am, the more messages I receive and downloads I get.”
Leave a Reply