“Sometimes only a fire that hot can burn through our walls.”
Sometimes a friend offers to record a podcast episode with me and they are the type of person who is willing to discuss the things most people are not willing to discuss.
That is when I get really grateful that we are recording a conversation together. I’ve found so much value through the years in hearing the candid truth about the unpretty parts of life. Because that’s how I’ve learned to accept and love myself through my own unpretty chapters.
My friend Rebekah is one of those candid, self-loving kind of people. She’s been THROUGH IT — divorce, financial scarcity, perfectionism, food addiction, etc. And she’s coming through it like a phoenix rising from the ashes.
We decided to record an episode about how she learned to own her worth while in a crucible of reinvention. I felt like I was looking in a mirror while she told her story. I think you might too.
LISTEN ON: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Play | Stitcher
- Why it’s important to heal your body in order to heal your mind and heart (5:45)
- How to begin the process of a massive life change (9:04)
- The power of the stories we tell ourselves (14:26)
- How to get out of a crucible into hope and healing (15:59)
- An analogy for forgiving yourself or others (19:27)
- The power of deciding where our worth comes from (22:30)
- What perfectionism holds us back from (27:50)
- How to view a crucible as a gift (30:20)
- What self-love looks like in hard times (38:01)
- The importance of trusting yourself (45:40)
“Knowing at the core who I am is what helped me the most.”
Links we mention:
- Summit of Greatness
- Forks Over Knives
- Brene Brown
- Eat to Live
- The Book of Forgiving
- The Gifts of Imperfection
- Khalil Gibran
- The Power of Your Subconscious Mind
- Experience Gratishift
- Henry Ammar