“Every single person we come in contact with every single day has that same infinite, fixed, eternal worth.”
Holy moly. When I sat down with my friend Liz Darger last week to record this episode, I knew it was going to be good.
I didn’t know how beautifully Liz would teach us about the power of vulnerability and how to frame conversations around this.
(This is one of my FAVORITE topics because I have struggled with it so much.)
Liz has worked with student athletes her entire career and has an incredible love for supporting others in finding their way.
Her graceful, beautiful thoughtfulness about our value, the importance of doing work we love, the joy and fulfillment that comes into our lives when we serve others, and so much more is so inspiring.
To say I left her office uplifted and grounded at the same time hardly does this conversation justice.
If you’re in a transition in your life, if you’re doubting what makes you unique and valuable, or if you’re facing some vulnerable conversations that are terrifying you, I recommend taking the time to listen to this full episode.
I can’t say enough good things about what Liz shared in this conversation. It’s just who she is.
LISTEN ON: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Play | Stitcher
- How to navigate an identity crisis (5:55)
- The relationship between our worth and our spiritual identity (7:50)
- Some tools to get spiritual guidance during hard times (13:25)
- Why we feel compelled to support others to find their worth once we’ve found ours (15:30)
- How to support someone who is struggling with something you’ve struggled with (18:15)
- Why practice is the best resource for owning our worth (23:30)
- The best way I’ve ever heard to set up a vulnerable conversation (26:03)
- How being vulnerable creates space for vulnerability in others (30:15)
“If I’m not what I do, then what am I? And if I’m more than I do then what does it matter what I do?”
Links I mention:
Leave a Reply