“Keep some room in your heart for the unimaginable.” – Mary Oliver
I woke up this morning in a daydreamy mood (which is very common for me). And then I thought what a delight it would be to share my thoughts on the worth of daydreaming.
Here’s the thing: I have been a big daydreamer since I was a little girl but I tried to force myself out of the habit a few years back. I had started to distrust my dreams. It was rough.
Over the past 4 years, I’ve fallen back in love with the process and, consequently, it has become one of my very favorite habits. I make time for it. I honor it. And I learn a lot from it.
This solo episode is my reveal of how and why daydreaming has been such an integral part of learning to own my worth. It connects to my desires, intuition, and joy in a big way. I also share specifics on the ways I’ve found to productively daydream – a real tell all!
Mostly, this episode is a celebration of how far I’ve come in listening to myself. It’s something I’m really grateful for.
LISTEN ON: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Play | Stitcher
- The story of why I fell in and out of love with daydreaming (2:34)
- Why daydreaming can feel scary (4:02)
- The value of letting daydreams come every day (6:56)
- How daydreaming prepares you for your best future (9:30)
- How I practice daydreaming today (11:35)
- The story of how I became obsessed with Pinterest long after everyone else (13:46)
- My personal strategy for using Instagram for inspiration (21:45)
- Why I am committed to slow mornings (25:50)
- How I think of desires as guideposts (28:30)
“Daydreams remind me of who I am at my very core.”