“The more awareness we have, the more choices we have.”
This conversation is a continuation of one my friend Heather and I started the other night about one of my favorite topics — somatic intelligence, or body awareness.
Heather is the perfect person to talk to about this because she is a dancer, a dance teacher, and just as passionate about body awareness as I am.
In this episode, we discuss several pieces of what it means to hold our body as a home for our worth, the maturing process of learning to befriend and listen to our body, and how increasing our awareness of our body increases our choices. I loved all of this and you can expect more episodes on this topic — I think it’s endlessly interesting.
LISTEN ON: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts | Stitcher
- What somatic intelligence is and why it matters (4:30)
- The power of body awareness Heather has learned as a teacher versus a student (7:18)
- How our choices increase as our awareness increases (14:22)
- How our bodies teach us about our worth (20:27)
- What Heather has noticed about teenager’s connections to their bodies and worth (25:08)
- What it means for our bodies to be homes for our worth (32:55)
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Jamie Baker episode on somatic intelligence
- Susan Bauer’s Embodied Teen course
- Cally Flox’s Teacher’s Guide to Resiliency Through the Arts
- Danielle Doby
- Sensing, Feeling, and Action by Bonnie Bainbridge Cohen
Leave a Reply