“I know I have an incomplete view of my worth, but I can have a complete view of it.”
I was talking to my lovely roommate Candice Gutierrez today about the importance of self-care. I realized this is a perfect worthfull conversation that I’ve touched on but haven’t dived into.
And if there’s anyone to preach the truth of self-care, it’s Candice.
She is not only a brilliant media and film professional, she also understands how important it is to take care of your body, mind and spirit no matter what.
What I was really excited to hear her perspective on was how she is practicing self-care during a major career and life transition.
I loved what she said about how low-tech quality self-care can be. It doesn’t have to be spa days and over-indulgence. It can be as simple as the self-talk we listen to and the small decisions of how we spend our time.
LISTEN ON: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Play | Stitcher
- Why it’s often hard to practice self-care during big life transitions (4:20)
- What sensual self-care means (5:09)
- Why it’s valuable to get out of your head as part of self-care (8:35)
- Ways to mentally give yourself permission to self-care (12:12)
- Why self-care doesn’t have to be expensive and indulgent (14:15)
- The meaning of “practicing” self-care (18:10)
- How to remember your worth during big transitions (19:04)
“I’m caring for the person I’m striving to become.”
Links we mention: